Address: Panamericana Sur Km 26
Office: +593 2 231 0002 / +593 (2) 367 0042
Cell: +593 (9) 8 044 8812
Cotobikes is an exciting day tour that begins with spectacular views of the unique Andean landscape in the “Avenue of the Volcanoes”. Inside the national park we hike up to the refuge, which is situated at 4,810 m. We will then have a short safety briefing before our descent on mountain bikes! The trail can be diveded in two sections of which the first one is more difficult. Thus we reccomend it to more experienced riders. The journey finishes at the beautiful lagoon at the base of Cotopaxi. This tour goes to a height of 4,810m, it is important that you are prepared for this kind of altitude. We recommend acclimatizing at least two days around 3,000m.
- 06:45 Leave from Plaza Foch to Hostería Papagayo Cotopaxi
- 08:00 Arrive to PapaGayo for breakfast, pick up bikes and leave towards Cotopaxi
- 09:30 Enter Cotopaxi National Park
- 10:00 Explanations of the area, volcanoes, animals, etc
- 11:15 Arrive at 4,500m, and begin hike up to “Jose Rivas” refuge.
- 12:15 Reach refuge at 4,810m. Rest & enjoy the view
- 12:30 Return to parking lot, check equipment and bikes, short briefing and begin the descent.
- 14:45 Arrive at Laguna Limpiopungo via bike. After short rest depart Cotopaxi National Park
- 15:30 Lunch at PapaGayo (Stay the night in Hosteria PapaGayo Optional)
- 17:30 Arriving at Plaza Foch
- CATEGORY Activities Cotopaxi